Study Revelation 15 in greater detail. Learn how God's wrath isn't a volatile, manic, moody anger that spills over but is instead aimed directly at sin and evil. God's holy wrath glorifies Him.
Rev 14 described the fury of God and the final ___________.
John now goes back and describes God’s ___________ in more detail.
(The idea of stating something, then restating it is very common in _______)
See Gen 1:1-2:7 and Gen 2:8-25
We’ve already seen ‘the end’ in Rev 6:12-17
Then John goes back over the same material in greater detail Rev 15:1
1. Seven Angels with Seven Plagues – a similar idea is in Lev 26:21
2. For in them, the wrath of God is complete – GK word = __________
Two words for Wrath in Biblical Greek
a. Thymos – a volatile, ___________ anger (11X 10/11 In Rev) Rev 15:1
b. Orge – anger from a ___________ disposition
3. Is complete – Gk word is etelsthe + to reach and end or an aim
God’s wrath has a definite ‘_____’ – He is not just blowing of steam!
4. Multitude on the sea of Glass – ‘Like’ a sea of glass mingled with fire….
Walvoord = The seas is designed to __________ the Glory of God. In Chapter
4, its description ‘like unto crystal’ speaks of the holiness of God. Here the
sea is mingled with fire and speaks of divine judgment proceeding from
5. Those who have victory over the beast –
Through their __________ unto death. They are not those who ‘survive’
Even though the anti-christ kills them, they still have ‘victory over the beast’
God’s victories in our lives often look a lot different than we think! Is 55:8-9
6. Standing on the sea of glass –
gk word for on (___) can mean ‘on, over or besides’
7. Having Harps of God – these are given the ___________ to worship God
with music in Heaven
8. They sing the song of Moses – Ex 15 The song of Moses and the song of the
Lamb – expresses perfect union between the _____ and ______!
9. The Temple in Heaven – Heb 9:1, Rev 11-14!! (see also Ex 25:8-9 and Heb 8:9)
10. Clothing – pure bright linen, chests girded with golden bands….
God’s Righteousness is pure and holy. Not like ________ or modern
anti-heros , who ____________ the level of the criminals they fight.
11. Temple was filled with smoke – Ex 40:34-35 – similar to the _________ and
1 Kings 8:10-11
Here – smoke refers to judgment (Is 6:1-4 and Ex 19:18)
12. No one can enter the temple….Refers to the idea that judgment is
Several Elders and Deacons