Revelation 9 describes how demons will be unleashed onto the earth. Despite the torment inflicted by these beings, mankind will continue to be unrepentant and defiant against God.
Revelation 9 – The Three Woe Trumpets
See/Purchase the graphic noted here.
Fifth Trumpet Rev 9:1-12
1. A Star had fallen (________) not a ‘star’ but a person (he)
Job 38:7 - Angels often referred to as stars
Not necessarily a fallen angel, but an angel that ___________ SO quickly
See Revelation 20:1-3 Possibly the same angel
It opens the _________ and locusts come out – DEMONS
This Woe lasts for about 5 _________
Genesis 6:1-4 Nephalim – ‘Giants’.
2. The Plague of Horsemen Rev 9:13-21
200,000,000 – slay 1/3 of mankind
Interestingly – other translation uses ‘___________’ pl.
Strateuma – body of troops
These also ‘bad angels’ – because they were _________
The Greek word for “bound” (deō) is only used twice in the Book of Revelation. The other verse where this word appears is in Revelation 20:2, which describes Satan being bound for 1,000 years.
The treatment of these four angels is interesting to note because they will be ______________ released from their bondage unlike the group of angels described in Jude 1:6 and 2 Peter 2:4.
Bodies of a horse, head of a lion, tails like a serpent, head of a serpent, sulfurous smoke and fire, scorpion like sting from their tails…
Waiting for the exact moment to strike…to the day
See verses Rev 9:20-21 – no _____________
Rest of mankind – if the population of the earth is 7-8 Billion at the start of the 7 years, at this point, it is now closer to 3 Billion. The people left are given time and opportunity to repent and turn to Christ. The __________ in the hearts of humanity prevent many from turning to Christ.
They did not repent of 5 SPECIFIC sins:
1. Idolatry – Those who did not die up until this time will be forced to submit to the __________ of the anti-christ which controls the world, and its economies
2. Murder – the violence will be _____________ just like in the days of Noah
3. Sorceries – (farmakeiva / Pharmakeia) DRUGS will play a major ________________ in the seduction of mankind
4. Sexual Immorality – Even today the pace of sexual sins has ______________ and lines are being crossed that were unthinkable only 10 years ago.
5. Thefts – There will be MASSIVE _____________ – this will make the summer of 2020 look like a KMART Blue Light Special rush.
Several Elders and Deacons